The partnership gives OKX a presence at the English Premier League champion’s Etihad Stadium.
Cryptocurrency exchange OKX, formerly OKEx, has secured a multiyear partnership with English Premier League champion Manchester City.
- The deal is OKX’s first foray into soccer sponsorship and will see the exchange’s branding featured at the Etihad Stadium, Man City’s home.
- The two parties will be exploring additional projects together, OKX announced Friday.
- Terms of the agreement weren’t disclosed. Manchester City didn’t respond to a request for comment, and OKX declined to comment.
- Sponsorship deals between sports teams or events and crypto firms have become more frequent in recent months. In February, local rival Manchester United signed a sponsorship agreement with Tezos reported to be valued at £20 million ($27 million) a year.
- Seychelles-based OKX has more than 20 million users worldwide and is the world’s second-largest crypto exchange by spot trading volume, according to data from CoinGecko.
- In addition to being champion in three of the past four seasons, Manchester City is now on top of the Premier League table and is competing in the latter stages of the UEFA Champions League and the FA Cup.
This article was originally published on Coindesk by Jamie Crawley